The second Ibero-American Conference on Composite Materials 2023 will take place at the São Carlos School of Engineering (EESC/USP) on the 20th and 21st of July 2023.
This conference will be chaired by Professors Volnei Tita, António J. M. Ferreira, Lucas F. M. da Silva and Ricardo de Medeiros.
The conference will be held in a mixed format, where presentations can be held physically but also remotely, using a video-conferencing system. In both cases, 20 minutes will be available for each presentation, including 5 minutes dedicated to questions.
The focus of this conference is the study of composite materials and structures, and research works carried out in various topics within this theme will be accepted.
Among the topics covered are:
- manufacturing and mechanical testing methods for composite materials
- experimental and numerical studies of sandwich structures
- functionally graded materials
- damage, failure and delamination models
- aeronautical composite structures and aeroelasticity
- numerical simulation techniques
- concrete composites
- dynamic and impact behavior of composite materials
- studies on wood based composites and other materials of natural origin
- bonded and fastened joints with composite substrates
- auxetic materials and structures
- theory of shells, plates and beams for the study of composite laminates
- civil engineering applications
- thermoelectric properties of composite materials
- thermal problems in composite materials
- micromechanical models
- adaptive composite structures
- non-destructive inspection techniques
- optimization methods and techniques
- porous and cellular materials
- probabilistic and uncertainty modelling
- smart composites
- integrity monitoring
- laminated composites with variable orientation fibres.
Portuguese, Spanish, and English are adopted as the languages of the conference and must be used to prepare the abstracts and presentations. All the presented papers will be included in the conference proceedings. Besides, there will be Special Issues in international journals as follow:
- "New advances in manufacturing, modeling, and testing of composite materials" @ Proceedings of the Institution of Mechanical Engineers, Part L: Journal of Materials: Design and Applications – SAGE Publishing (JCR 2.663).
|July 20||July 21|
Jandro L. AbotCatholic University of America - USA
Integrated Multifunctional Sensing Using Carbon Nanotube Fibers: Progress and Challenges
Reinaldo Rodriguez-RamosUniversity of Havana - Cuba
Analysis of effective properties for heterogeneous media with imperfect adhesion
Prices and Orientations
|Until May 30th||After May 30th|
|Full Registration||$400 EUR||$500 EUR|
|Students (*)||$300 EUR||$400 EUR|
|Online Participation||$200 EUR||$300 EUR|
(*) Ph.D., Master and undergraduate students must submit to FIPAI (firstname.lastname@example.org) the payment receipt and an official declaration of current position at home institution.
For the registration, pay the invoice or make the deposit in FIPAI’s Bank account and submit your receipt to email@example.com, including the paper title in the subject of the message.
Important: 1 Registration = 1 Paper Publication.
For payment in EURO, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org to obtain the Invoice.
For Brazilians, the payment should be performed by using the bank account shown below. Calculate the registration fee according to be daily exchange rate from EURO to Reais (BRL).
Bank account for deposit:
- Caixa Econômica Federal
- agência: 0348
- conta corrente: 2940-5
- código da operação: 003
- favorecido: FIPAI
- CNPJ: 47.035.662/0001-60
Av. Trab. São Carlense, 400 - Parque Arnold Schimidt, São Carlos - SP, Brazil
The EESC-USP has 2500 undergraduate students and 1200 graduate. It offers 10 undergraduate programs, nine graduate programs and over 100 lines of research.Read More
Besides the EESC, the Campus São Carlos of USP has four other colleges in the areas of architectur, mathematics and computing, physics and chemistry.Read More
São Carlos is known as the Capital of Technology. It is a medium-sized city with 240 thousand inhabitants and it is located in the center of São Paulo State.Read More